YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday 5 November 2013

Individual storyboards - Miss Miller


A storyboard is 'a sequence of drawings, typically with some directions and dialogue' It's a useful tool for planning stories and films. Its a series of drawings to give a finished example of what the story/video will look like. This storyboard will benefit our group by allowing us to visualize what we need to record. 

My story board includes 10 frames, with different duration times, I also included different types of camera shots for e.g. Close-ups to capture the characters emotions so the audience can form a relationship with the character. Also another e.g. is a mid shot, I chose a mid shot because It will allow the audience to find out who the main character is. 
 I used different locations in my storyboard to make my thriller more realistic and more exciting, staying in one room for the whole opening scene would be very boring for the audience to watch, and our group want to entertain the audience. 
  In my storyboard I also used a lot of low-key lighting because it creates tension and suspense for the audience, which is typical to a thriller. In my storyboard when I wrote low-key lighting I explained that it will have a dark setting, with a lot of shadows all to terrify the audience. I also will be using three point lighting,so the audience can still see the characters. However, In some frames I have decided to make the lighting high-key to shock the audience, adding something which is not typical to a thriller.

In my storyboard you can see that I have only chosen one main character, Peter(Beau) throughout the whole scene. But there will also be a few other characters playing Peter (Beau's)parents and there will be a mysterious child miner, I have included the child minder to create enigma.

One type of sound I have written in my storyboard are sounds like 'sound effects' Sound effects, non-diegetic sound. Like screams, dog barking, wind. I included this enhanced/artificial sound because it will have more of an impact on the audience.

One type of editing style I have decided to use is jump cut. A jump cut are too shots put together that vary slightly. So it gives the effect of jumping forward in time. I want to use this so boring things can be cut out.

At the end of each frame I then added a description of each frame. 

As all of our group have different ideas, next lesson we will all discuss each others storyboard ideas and create one storyboard incorporated with everyone's ideas. To create a more efficient storyboard that we can all agree on.

As listed above I have incorporated conventions of a typical thriller in my storyboard such as low-key lighting, suspense, shock and suprise, tension etc.




1 comment:

  1. You have provided a brief explanation of the elements used within your storyboard, but not pin pointed where they are used. Try using the format whereby you place a summary at the end of each page from your storyboard, explaining what is used within the frames and when and why.

    1) Try a different format (as mentioned above) to improve your analysis
    2) Explain why you have used certain elements at certain times (give examples)
    3) Make sure you provide a summary explaining how you think your ideas will help make a better sequence and why you have created individual storyboards in your group
    4) Read through and check the clarity of your work and spelling etc.

    ReplyDelete