YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday 13 February 2014

AS Evaluation - Question 7



Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I learnt that editing has a massive impact on your film. My strengths in editing I knew how to link shots, I grasped how to edit quickly, I could import and connect shots exactly how I envisioned to. The weaknesses I had were mainly at the beginning; this was finding out the effects/edits and trying to use them. The effects/editing we ended up using were fade, rewind, fast forward and we used these transitions and movements because they made the film have more impact and more dramatic. The fade was good as it produced a quick way to end the scene suddenly and reverse was good as it gave a sense of mystery and unsteadiness.

Doing credits/titles it was quite tricky as the font type, size and timing of credits had to be perfect. These weaknesses slowed down the whole editing process.

The purpose of the preliminary task was to learn how to use the equipment and get a feel of the cameras and editing software before I made the actual product, allowing us to acknowledge any changes that need to be made. It has also allowed us as a group to realize the amount of time, planning and actual work that has to go into creating our title sequence. From the preliminary task I learnt about the possible problems you can encounter in production for example, lack of consistency. The skills I learnt from the preliminary task that assisted me in my thriller was teamwork skills, acting skills and feedback skills – (voicing opinions, making an impact on the task).

Over the shoulder shot (Preliminary task)

Panning shots (Preliminary task)


 Panning shots from my 'silent' thriller film

1 comment:

  1. Your analysis of question 7 shows a minimal understanding of how you have progressed from completing your preliminary task to completion of your thriller sequence as you have discussed what transitions you used within your sequence etc.
    You need to give specific examples of when these were used and state what the brief was for the PT

    ReplyDelete